There it was…staring at me from the shelf in the freezer. Just like it always does. “Whaddya gonna do with me, huh? You sick of me yet?” I swear they’re taunting me, those darn packages of ground beef. But this … Continue reading
What better way to celebrate Memorial Day and the start of summer, than to have a cookout with family and friends? So let’s unplug this weekend to enjoy the weather and this beautiful nation that so many have given their … Continue reading
Ground Beef. It’s boring all by itself and I have a ton of it in my freezer because we stocked up by purchasing a huge part of a cow from my Father-in-law’s farm. Smart on my part because I’m a penny pincher, remember (Simple and Frugal Granola). And not-so-smart, because now I have to become a magician, wave my magic wooden spoon, and make hundreds of dishes out of ground beef that my whole family will eat…and actually ENJOY eating.
My hubs is a man’s man. He’s a meat and potoates kinda guy. Hmmmmm, what to make him??? Then it came to me. Meatloaf! Every time I make meatloaf I do something different. I also tend to find something lacking that needs to be fixed each time. But not this time!!! I am happy to report I’ve found a keeper! And it couldn’t be a more simple recipe. The key to great meatloaf is to not overmix your ingredients. Keep it light and fluffy. Try it and you’ll see the difference! You’ll have a moist and tender loaf of meat your whole family will scarf down, and will be asking for seconds before you know it!
Easy Family Pleasing Meatloaf
A super simple meatloaf recipe your whole family will enjoy!
|2||Lbs. Ground Beef|
|1||Egg (lightly beaten)|
|1||Med. Onion (chopped)|
|1||Cup Dried Bread Crumbs|
|¼||Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)|
|1||tsp. Seasoned Salt|
|1||Garlic Clove (minced)|
|1||Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce|
|¼||Cup Brown Sugar|
|1/3||Cup Favorite BBQ Sauce|
|¼||tsp. Ground Mustard|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13” baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, parsley, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly but with a light, gentle hand.
3. Turn out onto baking pan and form into loaf.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, bbq sauce, and ground mustard together. Mix well. Pour over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake meatloaf for approximately 60-70 minutes or until your meat thermometer, when inserted in the center of the meatloaf, reads 160-165° F.
Tip: After you’ve taken the meatloaf out of the oven, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes with a foil tent placed over the top of pan before cutting it. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meatloaf.
Makes: Approx. 8 servings
Serve this Meatloaf up with your favorite potato recipe, like baked, mashed, or even our Cheesy Potato Casserole. Oh and another veggie would round out this meal!
Chili is just plain ol’ awesome anytime of the year. I found that I can make a lighter version and still not miss out on any flavor. I add a little bit of everything including odds and ends in this … Continue reading