Ground Beef. It’s boring all by itself and I have a ton of it in my freezer because we stocked up by purchasing a huge part of a cow from my Father-in-law’s farm. Smart on my part because I’m a penny pincher, remember (Simple and Frugal Granola). And not-so-smart, because now I have to become a magician, wave my magic wooden spoon, and make hundreds of dishes out of ground beef that my whole family will eat…and actually ENJOY eating.
My hubs is a man’s man. He’s a meat and potoates kinda guy. Hmmmmm, what to make him??? Then it came to me. Meatloaf! Every time I make meatloaf I do something different. I also tend to find something lacking that needs to be fixed each time. But not this time!!! I am happy to report I’ve found a keeper! And it couldn’t be a more simple recipe. The key to great meatloaf is to not overmix your ingredients. Keep it light and fluffy. Try it and you’ll see the difference! You’ll have a moist and tender loaf of meat your whole family will scarf down, and will be asking for seconds before you know it!
Easy Family Pleasing Meatloaf
A super simple meatloaf recipe your whole family will enjoy!
|2||Lbs. Ground Beef|
|1||Egg (lightly beaten)|
|1||Med. Onion (chopped)|
|1||Cup Dried Bread Crumbs|
|¼||Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)|
|1||tsp. Seasoned Salt|
|1||Garlic Clove (minced)|
|1||Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce|
|¼||Cup Brown Sugar|
|1/3||Cup Favorite BBQ Sauce|
|¼||tsp. Ground Mustard|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13” baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, parsley, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly but with a light, gentle hand.
3. Turn out onto baking pan and form into loaf.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, bbq sauce, and ground mustard together. Mix well. Pour over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake meatloaf for approximately 60-70 minutes or until your meat thermometer, when inserted in the center of the meatloaf, reads 160-165° F.
Tip: After you’ve taken the meatloaf out of the oven, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes with a foil tent placed over the top of pan before cutting it. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meatloaf.
Makes: Approx. 8 servings
Serve this Meatloaf up with your favorite potato recipe, like baked, mashed, or even our Cheesy Potato Casserole. Oh and another veggie would round out this meal!