Here’s a look at one of our awesome cookie recipes that will be featured in our first eBook – Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats. Look for it in the Amazon Kindle Marketplace very soon!
A hearty cookie that combines a little bit of all of your favorites into one colossal cookie
|1||Cup Peanut Butter|
|½||Stick of Butter|
|1 ½||Cups Brown Sugar|
|¾||tsp. Baking Soda|
|1||Cup Quick Oats|
|½||Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips|
|½||Cup White Chocolate Chips|
|½||Cup Butterscotch Chips|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix the peanut butter, shortening, butter, and sugar together at medium speed until creamed. Continue mixing and add vanilla and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined and smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, Combine flour, baking soda, and mix together. Then gradually pour those dry ingredients into the wet mixture above at a very slow speed –being careful not to spray or spill.
4. With a spoon or spatula lightly stir in the quick oats to your mixture until fully incorporated. Similarly, lightly stir all of the chips into the batter.
6. Form large golf ball sized cookie dough balls and place on a cookie sheet, spaced a couple of inches apart. Press down the dough balls with your hand to about a quarter inch thickness. They should not really expand while baking, so just make sure the cookies are not touching before putting them in the oven.
7. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes or until preferred doneness.
Tip: You can substitute any type of baking chips into this cookie, like milk chocolate, peanut butter, or toffee. You can also add an extra ½ cup of nuts like pecans or almonds if you like. Enjoy!
Makes: 3 dozen cookies
Time: 1 hour